First off, thanks very much for keeping people up to date about what's happening on the feeds!
Please keep to the facts - your opinions, likes/dislikes, etc. should go on the Discussions board.
Do not repost updates here from other sites!
- If you feel an interpretation is necessary, be clear that that's what it is with an editor note. Example:
"She apologized to him [but she didn't sound sincere - ed]" is preferable to "She apologized to him but she isn't really sorry"
- Be careful with abbreviations, especially names - we have three D's and four J's. Example:
"D and J won the food comp" could be about Daniele, Dick or Dustin and Jameka, Jen, Jessica or Joe!
- Try to be brief about ordinary things and detailed about important things.
- If nothing's going on for a long period of time, a short post saying so will help people looking in to see if they've missed anything. Examples:
"Feeds are still off"
-- if you post something like this after 15 minutes or so, and after a half hour nothing's changed, edit your original post to update it.
- Be descriptive in post titles so readers can quickly scan to find what interests them.
- Feel free to edit your posts to add more information, fix typos, and tack on later events or conversations, particularly for ordinary things.
- Big news should be posted ASAP with "more information to follow" if needed: get the word out, then go back and fill in the details.
If something important happened that wasn't reported here but is posted elsewhere, go ahead and post a short recap of the event, the updater's nick, and a link to the other site's post. Example:
"There was a huge fight about the veto today! BBLover8293 has a detailed update about it on AnotherBigBrotherSite.com (with a link to the post)"
The same goes for reposting updates from this board on other sites.