Thread: HOH Blogs
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 03:43 pm
Power Updater

Default Re: HOH Blogs

Paulie HOH 7/20/16

Wow! Second [time as] HOH [this] summer! I can honestly say that I feel blessed to be able to play this game. This is the most fun I have had in a long time.

The constant competitions that challenge recall, memory, speed, problem solving, and attention are a euphoric stimulation to the brain that is beyond explanation.

I think what I love the most about being in this house is the state of nothingness that exists.

Yes, there is always social and strategic gameplay going on, which is another conversation completely. However, I am speaking about the state of nothingness that the Buddhist monks speak of where there is nothing forcing you to do anything.

You are able to be in a complete space of peace where you can truly understand your mind, body, and spirit.

It is truly a beautiful thing.

Angelina, I couldn’t be more proud of you achieving your master's in psychology! Cody and I always said you were the coolest, most beautiful, and intelligent sibling out of the three of us, and I couldn’t be more grateful to be blessed with a baby sister like you!

You put everything into your studies and you make it look so easy. It blows my mind to think that, a few years back, I was watching you graduate high school and undergrad as a baby. And now I am watching you accomplish so much as a woman.

Life is only just beginning for you and I cannot wait to see where life takes you with how passionate, caring, and loving you are!

To my stud brother Cody, I know you're working your ass off at perfecting your craft, and I know you have the mindset and the will power to achieve all your dreams!

The way you approach your art on a day-to-day basis, with such commitment and passion, will take you to the next level. You know that our entire family will be there with you every step of the way, so you know that you'll never be alone.

A bond that is attached to a destiny to be fulfilled. I truly believe that, when it comes to our family, know that no matter what life will ever throw our way, we will face it and rise above it together.

To all my aunts, uncles, and cousins, once again, I hope I am making you all proud of me and I can’t wait to see you all. You each, individually, as well as a whole, have had so much to do with the shaping of my life.

That’s why I love our family parties so much. We all get to hang out as a huge group and just have a blast. There are no egos and we all love each other, and have each other’s backs no matter what!

To my boys, I know you are working very hard this summer! Always remember to have each other's backs on—and off—the field. You are all family and when a family comes together to work towards a similar goal, they will always achieve it.

All of the sweat, blood—and, sometimes, even tears—you will share together in training and in games will make you all stronger and closer together, as a unit. These are moments that you will be able to take with you as you excel into higher levels of your life.

You are all champions, in my eyes, and I know your parents are so proud of the commitment you put in at such a young age. You make me proud to be your coach and I will do whatever I can to help you all achieve your dreams on and off the pitch!

Lastly, to the entire Rutgers soccer program, it’s just about August, which means it’s almost the best time of the year—RU soccer season.

I will always bleed scarlet—that's a given—but I am hugely indebted to you and your coaching staff. I will always have all of your backs no matter what!

Crush it this season and I will be seeing you soon!